Friday, June 03, 2005

Ode To Beef Jerky

very dry, a bit too thick
not enough flavor, makes me sick
freeze dried alpo, it tastes more like
offer me jerky, go take a hike!

made from solid strips of sliced beef
open the bag, the smell of rotting leaf
pluck it out with fingers or fork
say no to dried beef, turkey and pork

the cows have much better things to do
like milk for my cereal and ozone gas too
too much fat and so chewy it does be
don't send me jerky, send a CD!!


And some haiku:

Desiccated meat,

beef jerky, you make me thirst.

Art thou truly beef?
________

Oh cruelty! Sending

dried meat to parched sand dwellers.

Make hasteā€¦send iPods!

Thanks Robin


4 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

For some reasin, I can't see the "Thanks Robin" under that. I just noticed and even changed the color, but nothing. Maybe I don't have editing rights

Friday, June 03, 2005 8:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://BeefJerkyRecipes.com is the best source online for people who want to make jerky at home. They have hundreds of recipes all searchable by: Meat Type, Flavor, and even Cooking Method.

Here is a tip: slightly freeze the meat before you slice it. It will be easier to slice and make the end product much cleaner.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Saturday, August 09, 2008 3:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as a person who didn't like Beef Jerky.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009 2:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Linda said...

Good haiku!

Regards,
Linda
Dehydrator

Friday, November 10, 2017 2:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home